Skip to main content

Truncated childhood...

And i found a book in my store room lying in heap of books.Actually, It would be wrong to call it a book, it was an album, covered in dust and i thought it had disappeared.I brushed off the dust with with my fingers and discovered some familiar words written in bold letters "Truncated Childhood" i read it aloud and a voice echoed in that empty room.A Lorry full of memories accelerated through my mind as the voice echoed and a spark appeared in the eyes like i was a new born baby and was going to see my mom for the first time.i turned over the cover page and opened it . The first page said "I'll love you even if I'm not here".Reading those words, my eyes got wet but then, i controlled myself and flipped the page and moved to the next one.The album started with a photograph of a new born baby.Obviously,It was me.It was my album afterall and believe me, when you are just 2 hours of age ,you realy look yuk.Atleast i was looking yuk, thats what i think. But, i still remember..Mom used to find prince charming in that as well.Seeing that photo , my lips showed some teeth as i smiled.Everybody was very happy back then, on my birth occassion and then, i turned over the page with that smile and the next was the photo displaying me lying under the blanket on my bed and mom was there beside me.I still remember mom,how you used to tell me bedtime stories and make me fall sleep.It would have been a tough job for you,i Know, as I see many mothers now crying in front of their relatives "sota nahi hai".I would have been a same kind of dirty baby ,right?But, i take less time to sleep now, Mom.




Then i flipped the leaves of album ,on and on and  i was swinging through childhood once again.I was swimming in the lake of memories of my childhood with her(My mom).In some of the photos i was looking innocent,in some of them i was acting naughtily and in some of them, i was just one of those cry babies.




Pages turned on and on and i lived my childhood once again.And then, I just stopped at one point of album.It is moment that every person wants to see,the thing that every one want to have and if phrase like 'A tranquil Life' exists then i would like to define it, in this way only.The Moment in which you are with your family..nuclear family,joint family whatever it is.Even a family of two people will work but this word family means a lot and that was the point where i just had to stop.MY family-My everything-That peaceful life-That affection-That invisible bond.It feels great to have family, isn't it?


I couldn't move any further.i just stopped there.Closed the album and I thought about them(My parents).I thought about my mom.The love and affection that she had given me.The way, she used to care for her son.I still remember those rainy days, when she just hid me inside umbrella and she herself got drenched in the rain, to assure her son's health.Mom,I was so dumb that time. I couldn't realise that you would also fall sick if you drenched there.I also want to do the other way round now, where you will be under umbrella and i will drench on part of you.Why you never gave me a chance to do that?

I still remember those days when you used to feed me.You never cared about youself if you ate or not but always used to feed me on time.It would have been a tough job for you , isnt it? I also want to feed you with my hand once.But, this hardluck never leaves me, you know...

You know mom, you are the most supportive mom of this universe.You were the one who helped me with first love of my life.Although it was the silliest of me, to fall in love at the age of 7 years but still you supported that silliest act of mine and helped me to convince her.Thank you mom.But you know what, your son got a good gf at last.Although it took 14 more years.When i played any trick,everyone told it was not good and scolded me but you were the only one who smiled on my trick and encouraged me,so i could enjoy my childhood.I remember everything mom. You always protected me from wrong and guided to the right.Although, the time that i got to spend with you was short.No, i m not complaining.I m happy that at least i got my childhood with you. You were there to see my silly acts and laugh on them. You were there to protect me. Atleast , i got a chance to see.. what mother's affection really is.. Thank you,Mom and Love you.

At the end of all these thoughts, i just stood up and moved with that album in my hand,headed towards the same store room and while walking, i opened it by chance .. The LAST PAGE.. something was written out there...I read aloud..
"This album contains the truncated part of your childhood.Sorry, I couldn't capture the whole but i wanted to capture atleast a bit of it, so that, one day, may be when i m no more,you will get a chance to remember your childhood with your mom and may be this way, you will always remember me.I hope you liked it 'Your Truncated Childhood'.I love you my son."

Reading that.. My eyes got wet once again and this time i couldnt control myself. A Tear rolled down the cheek reaching the lips that wispered " i will never forget you. And your son will always love you . One day,i will come to sleep in your arms.Thank you mom for your love and everything"
                                                                                          I Love You MOM...

Comments

  1. compassion is needed in a family. Beautiful childhood;

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Effects Of You...

Sometimes i feel like my head is an egg and you are its yolk that you always keep on rolling inside it, that, At the nights, in my dream i see you and then, i wake up with a thought of you running in mind and thats the way my day starts everyday. Before meeting you, I anticipate about the scene in which i'm with you and i practice the things in front of mirror the way 'i will tell you' . But, the moment you come in front of my eyes, My body goes Numb and i feel so Dumb that i can't utter a word.  Words,I have so many to say. Still, I feel afraid that they might fall short and they might end and in that hullabaloo occuring inside me, I can't even say. My hearts skips a beat when ever i think of you and If we talk about feelings, they are always new, When i'm in front of you. You came and went but these feeling never did the same and everytime i meet you , they are different in a way but they always make me lame. Fears of losing you always keep on

Life - An Endless Race!!

Life has been tough lately.... Tough and busy  to be precise !! And its quite long since i last scribbled something...I know i am ignoring my blog so badly! *Sigh* Some of you might have already reckoned that he is dead already but sorry to say you are wrong. I'm still alive.At least half alive. Almost a year has passed and i have a lot of stuff to say but felling short of words. I'm getting so dumb these days ..Dumb and unhappening... It seems that my life has hanged ...just like a track which  was running very smoothly and suddenly, there is a sort of scratch in the tape and now its hanged ...or its like someone has pressed a repeat button and the same day is repeating again again and again...(no end to it.. *sighs*).That's how my life has been. That happening student life is already over now and the only thing left  is a big race and i'm running in it like a bull.The funny thing is that there is no end to it. I find no end to that race. You just have to r